May 4, 2010

U.E.P.M.F.M.F.M.F.E. - United Earth People's Movment For More Free Music For Everyone


I want to share music with the entire globe,
all kinds of it from the whole world.


The main purpose of this blog is education about the subject I have dedicated my life to - Music. The free sharing of music could occasionally be slightly against some obscure laws of certain countries, but I think the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights makes the case pretty clear in favour of my position:

"Article 19: Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

"Article 27: (1) Everyone has the right to freely participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits. (2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author."

Copying computer files is not theft. I think it’s comparable to taking a photograph of a painting and putting the print on your wall… Who would mind as long as you leave the original in the museum? One more point, mp3s are pretty lousy copies...

I bought thousands of real CDs and LPs in my life and I will continue to do so even if I can download a bunch of stuff. I live for and by music, and have done so most of my life...

Anyway, we’ll see how long we can get away with being altruistic and share our resources...

Live long and prosper...

4 comments:

  1. Love your contributions.... How about a Prince Complete Collection. Extensive, but I am sure many would appreciate.... Then maybe follow this with a complete P-Funk Collection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof... You don't ask for much do you... However, I'm on it... Already got all of Prince's stuff but it takes time to fix it all and pack it and coding the post etc... Gonna work on that P-Funk collection too...
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TAZ said....

    Yes dude I love the James Brown collection you have made my day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this site is incredible. i can feel some sly coming on too ;)

    ReplyDelete